Thursday, March 29, 2012

"Rooted 02" + 22 Magazine!

My question I have this week, as I always have at the end of every month, is where does the time go...?? Seriously, I never understood as a child why adults were always mourning about time passing by too quickly....until I graduated college. Now I feel as though it's going by too fast. Way, way too fast...But all lamenting aside, I finished another collage I'm pretty proud of!



The collage above titled "Rooted 02" is a continuation from a previous collage, "Rooted" (seen on my site). It is currently the biggest one I have completed at 17.6 in x 11.5 in. The figure in photo was shot on a white seamless to get a "clean" appearance, although I chose to work with a light amount of contrast in order to get a softer result. I can't wait to get this baby framed...(although I shudder to think about the cost).

I've been dying to get a feature on The 22 Magazine blog for a while now, so I was beyond thrilled when I got the email this week saying they would display my work on their blog. Just seeing the severely talented artists on their blog, (not to mention their online magazine!), is mind-blowing. Whether it's art, photography, poetry, video, etc., all the work featured on 22 Magazine is definitely worth checking out... {CLICK} for My Feature. {CLICK} for 22 Magazine.



I hope everyone has had a memorable March. Here's to even better days ahead in April!

No comments: